Women with bigger breasts have a hard time finding the right bra and when you are breastfeeding it becomes even more difficult to get your hands on a bra with the perfect fit or the best nursing bra for large breasts.
The number of options available in the market these days can leave you confused. If you too are struggling to figure out what is the right bra to wear while you are lactating, you are surely at the right place.
We are here to save you time and take out all the stress that you would be going through by being indecisive. Here’s a list of some of the best nursing bras for large breasts.
This parent-tested award-winning seamless wireless maternity bra offers super comfort. Its soft fabric (93% nylon, 7% spandex) is stretchy and provides full comfort for large-sized breasts. The bra can be washed easily with soap.
This one is an ideal choice for pregnant and breastfeeding moms. The one-handed clip-down cups enable easy access for nursing and are completely safe for skin-to-skin contact with babies. To keep the bra from staining you can wear a breast pad in case you are using ointments or lotions.
The adjustable straps and hook-back closure offer a perfect fit for every type of body. The stretchy material will hug your changing body throughout your pregnancy journey. Besides looking great under T-shirts and a variety of maternity dresses, it can also be worn while sleeping.
The removable padding provides proper shape to your breasts so that you look modest in all your outfits. This is definitely a must-have in your maternity wardrobe.
2. Gratlin Women’s Plus Size Nursing Bra
This imported bra is the next must-have in your mama's wardrobe! It is made up of 88% cotton and 12% spandex. The pull-on closure gives full support and acts as a perfect sports bra for plus-size nursing women.
It is an ideal choice for moms who like to be active even while breastfeeding. The racerback design makes it look attractive and the wide understanding provides great support even though it is a wireless bra.
The all-day stretchy cotton comfort fabric is soft, and breathable and offers the perfect fit. The cups provide full coverage to feeding moms without leaking from the sides they keep the breasts in place and give them a decent shape.
The front drop-down cups enable mamas to easily breastfeed their babies and pump their breasts. Large-busted ladies can rest assured that this bra will be by their side along their journey of pregnancy while their breast size keeps changing and even post-partum while nursing the baby.
3. Playtex Women’s Maternity Nursing Seamless Wirefree Full Coverage Bra
Made using 95% polyester and 5% spandex this one is also an imported bra that is yet another great addition to the list of best nursing bras for breastfeeding moms.
Suitable for machine wash, this imported bra offers hook and eye closure thus making breastfeeding easy for new moms. The front fully adjustable straps are equipped with quick strap clips which allow easy breastfeeding.
As a mom's body keeps changing from the first month of pregnancy to the last month and also during post-partum, it is essential to have a bra that is made of a material that is flexible and fits well. The simplified ComfortFlex fit in this wire-free bra adjusts to the body as the size changes.
The fabric not only gives comfort in breastfeeding but also keeps the skin cool and dry. The 4-way TruSupport bra design makes it look attractive and the all-around 360° support gives full coverage.
4. CAKYE 3 Pack Maternity Nursing Sleep Bra Breastfeeding Cotton Bralette
Made with 95% cotton and 5% spandex, it has an inner side sling that offers support while nursing, and the lightly lined seamless cups and super soft seam-free fabric gives ultimate comfort.
The pull-on closure and the crisscross front which can be easily pulled with one hand allow quick access to breastfeeding when your baby is hungry. Suitable for both hand wash as well as machine washing.
The bra is free from any underwire, hooks, or snaps so you can move comfortably all day and all night. The ultra-soft, stretchy combed cotton fabric very well supports fluctuating breast sizes, this is why it never restrains or squeezes the breasts when the milk comes in.
The double-layered front fabric gives additional support without any padding. It has 2 built-in pockets so you can insert nursing pads if you wish. The soft fabric is gentle on the skin and offers full comfort at the time of pregnancy.
5. Kindred Bravely Extra Soft Organic Cotton Wireless Nursing & Maternity Sleep Bra
The easy pull-on style lets you feed your baby easily. There are no hooks or snaps to give you seamless comfort. This organic cotton bra is made using 92% cotton and 8% spandex.
A must-have in your maternity and postpartum wardrobe, this bra is free from any metal or plastic clips and is a great purchase for women with sensitive skin. You do not need to bleach, iron, or dry clean the bra. You can simply give it a gentle machine wash. You can use nursing pads to keep it from staining.
The Kindred bras are particularly designed for large-breasted women with bra sizes E cups and even above. With expanded fabric in the cups and an enclosed elastic band under the bust, it gives extra coverage, and full comfort and keeps the breasts in place.
The longer straps fit perfectly around larger breasts and are ideal if you have a bit longer taller body frame or a longer torso.
6. Cake Maternity Cotton Candy Wirefree Nursing Bra for Breastfeeding
Made of nylon with a touch of elastane, this nursing sleep bra is recommended for women with larger breasts as well as sensitive skin or who just need a comfortable, wire-free bra.
The Cake Maternity bra is an ideal addition to your maternity wardrobe. Offers comfort while breastfeeding. Created keeping in mind breastfeeding mamas, this one is essential for all mama labor bag must-haves.
A very wonderful gift for moms, this nursing bra is designed in Australia using premium-quality fabrics. Perfectly knit with top-notch yarn that offers soothing comfort to the skin and feels like a second skin.
The yarn not only offers comfort to the mama changing breasts sizes but also holds its shape wash after wash. It is Oeko-Tex certified to be free from harmful substances. The fabrics and materials used are tested to be non-irritating to sensitive skin types. It provides a well-rounded shape and full coverage to mamas breasts.
7. Le Mystere Women’s Sexy Mama Nursing Bra
Enjoy motherhood in comfort with this all-rounder lounge, sport, yoga, and sleep bra made from superior-quality fabrics. It is one of the must-haves to pack along with your hospital bag essentials.
Designed to adjust to fluctuating breast sizes during pregnancy and post-partum thus allowing the breasts to grow without creating any hindrance. Enables ease of breastfeeding and pumping. It is recommended to use washable cotton nursing bra pads to prevent leaks.
The bra can also be used with nipple shields and manual and electric breast pumps for all-day comfort. Your ideal partner during pregnancy and midnight nursing sessions offers gentle support to the breasts while sleeping and keeps the bra pads in place.
The fabrics include 73% nylon and 27% spandex which are suitable for hand washing better than machine washing. It has 5 rows of hooks and eyes to enable you to lose your post-pregnancy weight without having to purchase a new bra.
Why Need a Nursing Bra?
Wearing a regular bra during pregnancy isn’t recommended. A women’s breasts go under significant changes when she is pregnant and while she is lactating, which is why a regular bra cannot offer the needed comfort to her breasts.
Nursing bras give your breasts the right support and comfort while also accommodating the changing shape and size of the breasts. These bras have clasps and hooks in the front in order to open up the flaps to feed the baby. Although there are no underwires, nursing bras support your breasts extensively.
The fabrics used in nursing bras are flexible to enable them to support and give full coverage to the breasts during pregnancy and lactating stages. The conveniently placed clasps give you easy access to hook and unhook the bra while feeding the baby.
When to Start Wearing Nursing Bras?
Although a nursing bra should be worn throughout the pregnancy months and the breastfeeding stage, one shouldn’t just start wearing it the day she sees a green line on the pregnancy test. So, what is the right time to purchase a nursing bra you would be wondering?
There are a few ways that can help you find out if you’re ready to start wearing a nursing bra. The ideal time to start wearing a nursing bra is when your breasts begin to feel heavier and you feel uneasy in regular bras. Depending on the growth of the breasts, some women might have to wait till the eighth month of pregnancy but some need to start wearing a nursing bra since the first trimester.
Types of Nursing Bras
There are a variety of nursing bras that you can choose from including:
- Padded/non-padded – padded bras absorb leakage and ensure your skin remains dry all day. Non-padded bras are perfect for large-breasted women who prefer breathability over support.
- Underwire/wireless – underwire bras are worn to lift saggy breasts and give them proper shape but are recommended to be worn only after the milk flow is regularized. Bras with wire-free cups are the most worn among new moms as they offer the utmost comfort to the breasts after undergoing changes throughout the pregnancy.
- Seamless/Seamed – seamless bras are perfect when wearing close-fitted dresses and bras with seams have side flaps for easy feeding. They are available in padded as well as non-padded. Both seamless and seamed bras offer equal comfort. They have less to do with comfort and support rather are more useful to give the breasts a proper shape depending on the outfit.
- Sports nursing bras – As the name suggests, they are specifically designed for active moms who wish to keep themselves physically active post-pregnancy. They have wider straps to give the breasts additional support and keep them from sagging.
- Plus size nursing bras – The wider cups perfectly accommodate bigger breasts giving them the needed support. They usually have three to four back hooks for added support.
- Breast-pumping nursing bras – Ideal for working moms as they provide access to pumping milk without having to take off the bra.
Unlike regular bras, nursing bras are different. You need to take into consideration certain factors before you get your hands on a nursing bra. If you are a new mom who needs to buy a new bra, here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Size: How to find your bra size? Wear an unpadded bra that fits you properly. Measure directly under your breasts. Round up to the next even number which is your band size. Then measure the fullest part of the breasts which will give you your bust size. Next, you subtract your band size from your bust size. One whole number difference is cup size A and two inches difference is cup size B, three inches difference is a C cup, the difference of four inches is, a D cup, and so on.
- Fabric: See to it that the fabric is stretchable, suitable for sensitive skin, and also comfortable to wear.
- Easy to maintain: A bra that is comfortable and fits well but requires way too much maintenance wouldn’t be a good investment.
Women with small or medium-sized breasts can very easily find bras but when it comes to women with large breasts, it becomes quite a task to find a bra that fits well and also provides support.
Now that you have all the information as to what to look for to find the best nursing bras for large breasts, when to start wearing them and what to keep in mind while buying a nursing bra we are sure that you would get your hands on something that’s perfect for your body type.
We are certain that this article might help you know a thing or two about nursing bras, especially for new mamas with larger breasts. Consider getting one of the nursing bras mentioned in the list based on your needs as they are highly rated by users and have assertive reviews.